Driving while construction is happening on our roads can be challenging. Once these improvements are finished we will be able to return to normal on new and improved surfaces. There are numerous signs posted regarding the construction. My children had the best comment I have heard yet, Dad, if you know they are working on the roads just leave a little earlier.......Out of the mouths of babes!!! In the past few weeks I have seen a serious accident that required Greenwood Drive to be closed off and while I have no idea why the accident happened it was a reminder that we all need to remain patient while driving through this amazing resort community.( I hope and pray all of the people involved are safe and sound.) Please see below regarding the progress of the construction along with updates regarding the progress to date.
Welcome to the Greenwood Drive Phase 2 Project Information Page:
- This area of Greenwood Drive is in need of infrastructure repairs and reconstruction
- The useful life of this roadway has exceeded the initial design
- The existing pavement is in poor condition
- Stabilize roadway to extend road life
- Replace curbing at necessary locations
- Improve traffic flow and safety
- Improve and increase drainage efficiency
- Reconfigure the intersection at Plantation Drive and Greenwood Drive to improve safety
- Replace Pedestrian and Vehicular Guardrails near Six Oaks Cemetery
Expected project completion: End of February 2020, weather permitting.
If you have questions regarding this project, please contact the Sea Pines CSA Maintenance Department at 843.671.7849 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience, as we make these necessary infrastructure and safety improvements to Greenwood Drive
See below for our regular project updates in chronological order:
February 28, 2020
- Roadway striping will take place next week, weather permitting.
- Motorists should expect traffic delays through the construction area. Flag persons will be present as needed to control traffic.
February 21, 2020
- Greenwood Drive Vehicular and Pedestrian Railing repairs continued today, with completion expected tomorrow, Saturday, February 22, 2020, weather permitting.
February 14, 2020
- Crews successfully completed asphalt operations on the roadway, both the leveling course and the surface course and continued work along the leisure path in the project area. (See photos)
- Temporary line striping on Greenwood Drive was also installed in the project zone.
- Work will take place on Saturday, February 15th, weather permitting.
- Grading will occur alongside of Greenwood Drive, weather permitting.
February 7, 2020
- Paving and construction work on the roadway and leisure trail along Greenwood Drive will continue to take place next week, weather permitting.
- Flag persons will be present as needed to control traffic with alternating single-lane closures in the designated work zone.
- Motorists should expect traffic delays in the project area, to avoid the project area, please use the Ocean Gate. Please observe and obey all traffic management personnel, signage and devices.
- Work will take place on Saturday, February 8th, weather permitting
- Expected project completion: End of February, weather permitting.
Posted by John Coulter on